Some fundamental facts on face lifting (facelift)
What happens after the operation?
After the operation we will apply a cotton wool bandage (head bandage) for one day. Swelling, bleeding and a sensation of tension in the skin are normal even after removal of the bandage and will disappear automatically. You can reduce the swelling by applying a cooling face pack (gel mask). Impaired sensitivity can last for a few months before fading altogether. Stitches are normally removed after ten to fourteen days, by which time the swelling will also have eased off. It will take at least three months before the final outcome is seen and can be judged finally.
Frequently asked questions
- What is the ideal age for a facelift?
- Will I retain visible scars?
- Are there more gentle procedures?
- Wie lange hält das Ergebnis?
- Is it possible to do another facelift?
- Will it be possible to combine a facelift with other lift procedures such as eyelid lifts?
- I fear that after the surgery I might look too lifted or mask-like?
- How long is the surgery?
- How long do I have to stay in the clinic?
- What happens after the operation?
- When can I resume sunbathing?
- When will I be fit enough to resume my normal activities?
- Can I continue to brush my hair backward without showing any scars?
Your question is not listed here? Call under
+49 (711) 25 25 75 – 0 – We advise you gladly.