You have decided that you want an operation?
As with every surgical procedure, complications may also occur in connection with plastic, aesthetic surgery such as:
- Bruises: they will normally disappear or can be covered up within two weeks at the latest.
- Temporarily impaired sensitivity in the treated areas
- Impaired wound healing
- The following complications may occur in connection with breast surgery:
Initially the sensation in the breast or in the nipple may be different but this will normalise in the course of wound healing.
If your breast was very sagging or very large, there may be post-operative loss of breast-feeding capability.
- bleeding which may require re-operation
- increased scarring
- thrombosis (formation of blood clots)
- embolism (vascular occlusion)
In an intensive personal consultation Dr. med. Annette Kotzur will inform you about your personal risk factors and the frequency of risks involved in each individual surgical procedure.
Frequently asked questions
- Who will I talk to in a consultation?
- Does Dr. Kotzur only operate on certain days or every day?
- Which operations can be performed as outpatient and which as in-patient
- What will my overnight stay at Sophienklinik be like?
- Who will look after me during my overnight stay?
- How can I reach Dr. Kotzur, Dr. Fuchshuber, Dr. Hoormann and Dr. Feise in case of an emergency?
Your question is not listed here? Call under
+49 (711) 25 25 75 – 0 – We advise you gladly.